Private Services Portal
can you name at least 2 common complaints from clients/family members regarding their care/caregiver?
ANSWER & CLICK "SUBMIT" FOR A CHANCE TO WIN A PRIZE!
2016 employee of the year was announced....
Congratulations to Angie White!
Angie receives frequent compliments from clients and their family members. She also is a great help to the schedulers by being timely, willing to take additional shifts, and showing up to work with a smile on her face!
Thank you, Angie, for all you do!
pRIVATE SERVICES MEETING RECAP!
Thank you to all that attended one of our annual Private Services meetings! It was so great to see you!
We are focusing on our meeting topics in this month's newsletter!
Here are some highlights...
- Our Employee of the Month for January was announced. Thanks to our winner, Angela Cook, for going above and beyond with the care she gives our clients. Thanks also to our winner for December: Kevin Haynes!
Also Congratulations to our employees that passed the 5-year mark! Linda Beatty, Kevin Haynes, Merlene Dunlap, Coleen Philipps, B White, & Cayce Seguin!
It is so important to always wear your name badge, both in client homes and in the office! So, to help us all remember, we are implementing “$5 Fridays”! On random Fridays, we will give out $5 to each Private Services employee “caught” wearing their name badge in the office! It will be a surprise….you’ll never know when $5 Friday will roll around!
Don’t forget about the Employee Referral Bonus! Normally you receive $25 once a person you refer works 80 hours. For the month of February we are offering $35, so please send in your friends with caregiving experience!
One of our topics of discussion during the meeting was "What makes a Professional Caregiver?
- Respect your clients, the office staff, and your coworkers and don’t argue. Remember the Golden Rule applies to everyone!
- You are not paid to sleep on your shift.
- Leave your cell phone in your car or in your bag. You should only need your cell phone in an emergency. Your client is paying for your loving care – not playing or texting on your phone.
- Where proper attire (no bellies, etc. please). Name badge at all times.
- Arrive on time for your shift and complete the full shift – don’t leave early! If you MUST leave early you call the office (or on call) to discuss it before leaving
Can it wait? We discussed some good reasons to utilize the answering service to get a message to the on call staff and when it can wait until the next business day.
- Here are some issues CANNOT wait: a change in the client’s condition, issues with clocking in or out, getting injured at work, needing to leave a shift early.
Here are some things that can wait until the next business day: client is low on supplies, need to request some time off, inquiries about available shifts. Consider sending an email to Angie at (firstname.lastname@example.org)