Alzheimer’s is a progressive disease that can become overwhelming for those caring for a loved one with Alzheimer’s or other dementias.
Private services can often provide valuable assistance to individuals with Alzheimer’s disease. Alzheimer’s is a progressive neurodegenerative disorder that affects memory, thinking, and behavior. Private services can offer personalized and specialized support to both the individuals with Alzheimer’s and their caregivers.
Early intervention and support can significantly improve the quality of life for both the person with Alzheimer’s and their caregivers. Here are some key points to consider when it may be time to seek support from private services:
- Ensure Early Diagnosis. It’s important to seek a professional medical diagnosis as soon as Alzheimer’s is suspected. An early diagnosis allows for appropriate medical treatment and interventions to slow down the progression of the disease and manage symptoms effectively.
- Are You Becoming More Overwhelmed? As the disease progresses and caregiving duties increase, it may be time to gain an extra layer of support. Caregiving for someone with Alzheimer’s can be physically and emotionally demanding. Private services allows caregivers to take breaks while trained professionals provide an additional level of expert care for their loved ones.
- Has Communication Become More Difficult? Is your loved one struggling with finding the right words, repeating phrases, or having trouble joining or following conversations. Private services can help determine your loved one’s needs if they have difficulty communicating.
- Is It Dangerous For Them To Be Left Alone? During the middle stages of Alzheimer’s it becomes necessary to provide 24-hour supervision to keep the person with dementia safe.
- Do They Need Help With Basic Activities Of Living? Once your loved one enters the moderate stage of dementia, when they require help with basic activities of daily living (e.g., bathing, grooming, eating), private services can provide support for their growing needs. Private services provides help with bathing, dressing, toileting, eating, exercising or other personal care. Private services can also include transportation assistance, ensuring that the individual with Alzheimer’s can attend medical appointments, social events, or other outings safely.
- Is Your Loved One Showing Withdrawal? Withdrawing from social activities, hobbies, work, or other engagements that were once enjoyed are indications that Alzheimer’s is progressing. Individuals with Alzheimer’s often benefit from social interaction. Private companionship services can provide company and engage the individual in conservation and activities that help maintain social connections.
- Is Your Loved One Experiencing Mood Changes? Experiencing changes in mood or personality, such as becoming confused, anxious, suspicious, or even aggressive are symptoms of Alzheimer’s. Private Services can help you manage your loved one’s changing personality.
- Is Your Loved One Experiencing Declining Quality Of Life? Private services can help improve quality of life for both Alzheimer’s patients and their caregivers through easing the burdens of caregiving and providing support to your loved one that includes care for daily needs and emotional connection. Private services can include cognitive stimulation programs that involve activities designed to maintain and enhance cognitive functions. These activities can help slow down cognitive decline and improve overall quality of life.
- Are You Concerned About Safety At Home? Private services can help make necessary modifications to the living environment to ensure safety and ease of navigation. This might include removing hazards and creating a calm and organized space.
- Is Caregiving Affecting Your Emotional Health? Caregivers also need support. Caring for someone with Alzheimer’s can be physically and emotionally demanding. Private services provides more than support for your loved one. Nurses & Company understands the emotional toll of this devastating disease on caregivers. We provide understanding, connection, a friendly ear to listen and ways to cope.
Learn how Nurses and Company’s private services, powered by honor, can bring an extra layer of supportive care that helps you feel empowered and helps your family regain comfort and peace of mind. Learn more here: https://nursesandco.com/2022/08/09/how-private-services-helps-those-living-with-alzheimers/